Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Fathers Day!!

HI All,

This posting is a little late... but the cards were made & delivered on time ;} and that's what counts.

So...this year I decided to challenge myself to make a masculine Fathers Day card.....plus.. seems I'm new at this SU! thingy I figured I would try and put something together. Well... the night rolls on...and I'm 'playing & playing' but nothing has come to mind yet..it was extremely hard especially seems I don't own any fathers day/'manly 'stamps. So I finally gave in... and copied a design from one of my fav SU! ladies - Mary Fish! (did I tell you she emailed me last week after I made a comment on her blog) what a sweetie!!! I was so happy!!...my hubby thought it was funny that I was so excited after getting a simple email reply back...she's a blog-star!!!!! Hello????

Anyway... back to the cards.....This is the same design as Mary's I just changed the colours to my fav colour - riding hood red! (sadly now retired :{) I made this for my husband who is a super fab dad... I love seeing him play with our little gal...and she is truely a daddy's girl.


This 2nd card was made for my dad... I love Mary's idea of decorating the inside aswell....so I did. You probably can't see from the photo but I added some dd glitter and also come crystal effects to the centre of the circle.


Stamps: Circle Circus & Teeny Tiny Wishes - (both new SS - July 1st 2009)
CS: Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, Basic Grey, Basic Black
Ink: Black & Riding Hood Red
Extras: Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Silver Brads, Firestone Square brad, 2way glue, Stampin Dimensionals

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment